[T3] spark plug spit out

Well I was just driving around toady, when all of a sudden a large popping
noise, I thought was back firing at first but then the engine started
misfiring or something weird, so I pulled into a parking lot right next to
where I was, and opened the engine lid.

The number one spark plug was out of it's hole, and still attached to the
spark plug wire. So I was thinking maybe the threads were stripped or it was
loose, and just worked it's way out due to me improperly tightening it.
Hoping for the second option, I called my friend and asked them to bring my
tools over to me...I had left them in my bus when giving it a tune up
yesterday.

So they showed up, I put the sparkplug in the spark plug socket and thought
I would give it a try....but there was something blocking the way...so I
reached my hand in there as the engine had cooled a little by now. There was
a stud with a nut on it, about 2 inches long...the nut was in the middle. I
had to unscrew this to get it out of the way-but it was very loose I could
do it with my fingers...

Not sure what happened yet...but I guess it is better to happen right before
I was planning on pulling the engine, as opposed to after...I needed to pull
the engine for a clutch replacement, and new exhaust gaskets..

Any ideas appreciated...I am thinking one of those heli-coil inserts may be
necessary...

-Kevin