Re: [T3] Dead cylinder?

On 20 Jul 2003 at 14:30, Ben Wampler wrote:

> Today I replaced all my plugs, wires, and the coil (old coil's spark was
> yellow, replaced as per muir)

Now you're grasping at straws. Don't get tempted to just throw parts at it just
because you're puzzled. You actually have a problem with one cylinder which is
likely to be the whole problem.

BTW, don't throw away the old coil and wires if any of these parts are the
originals. You'll never be able to buy anything as good elsewhere, and the OE
stuff is NLA.

> I started it up, and it still lacks power.    To kind of test things, I
> checked the connection on  each of the fuel injectors. I went around the
> running engine, breifly unplugging each, with each unplugged, the idle
> kicked down and the engine struggled a bit. Until I got to the rear left
> cylinder. When I unplugged it, it made no noticeable difference in the
> engine idle.  I unplugged the spark plug for that cylinder, the same
> thing, it didn't kick down the idle or anything, even though that
> cylinder is getting spark.

This is a good test, because it points out that now there seems to be a
different problem with a different cylinder. At this point we really don't know
if the spark is really getting to the spark plug gap. Have you tried an
inductive timing light to try to verify that there is spark current in each SP
wire?

> How can I test the connection and injector to make sure they're working
> properly?

What year was this again?