Re: [T3] Brake Rotor Part NUmber

On 20 Jul 2003 at 0:00, John Jaranson wrote:

> >Early rotors: 113 407 075 (66-6/71)
> >Late rotors: 411 407 075 (7/71-73)

> The rotors are clearly the early Type 3 rotors.  I checked my Bentley and
> measured the bearing seat ODs and the rotor thickness and everything matches
> up.

Remember, ALL the bearing bores are the same.  The bearing ODs never changed.

> Thanks for all the advice.  Anyone have the part numbers for the wheel
> bearings handy?

for 66, the inner was 311 405 625

for all years, the outers are 311 406 645

I buy them at a bearing supply house rather than at a VW place. The quality
tends to be better and the price is about the same, maybe better. In some
brands, Timken for example, you buy the outer race separately, which is nice if
your old one is still fine. I often just replace the inner part with the
rollers. I've never seen an outer race that actually failed on its own (as
opposed to one which was damaged when the inner part failed.)

I have these in stock if you can't find them there, but that seems unlikely.