Re: [T3] More info on water issues please

On 16 Jul 2003 at 14:57, carrie fairchild wrote:

> My 1970 fastback has no hoses under the dash. It dosen't rain too often in
> Tucson but when it does water pours right through a "Y" shaped tube onto my
> steering column and my feet. If I get hoses to attach to the forked part of
> the "Y" where am I supposed to send them to?

There shouldn't be anything Y-shaped. This sounds like something which someone
did as an attempt to a "fix."

If you look at the louvers in front of your windshield you will see that there
are 2 sets of them, one on each side. From the bottom of each there is a drain
nipple to which a hose should attach. Each hose should be about 18" long and
the lower end of each should push into a tube in the firewall that lets the
water drain out onto the ground, not into the car.

It sounds like you need to install replacements for the 2 original hoses which
appear to have disappeared.

I've been meaning to look for appropriate replacements for this hose for a long
time. I'll check around this weekend. I think I know where I can find a good
replacement.