Re: [T3] Spin

> Do you have the specs for your engine/distributor, and the right
> gear (timing light) to just set the timing correctly?

Welllll,

This is my problem. I have a stock dual carb engine with AT. The stock
distributor for this engine is supposed to be an "S" or a "P", and it is
apparently supposed to be timed at TDC.

However, I have a "T" distributor, which is actually for a '69 dual carb
manual. It is supposed to be timed at 7.5 degrees BTDC. My one does indeed
work smoothest at 7.5 BTDC, but seemed to be pretty gutless when I tried it
last week.

This was the reason for my experimentation with more advanced timing. It
certainly appeared to give me more power, but popped a lot from the exhaust.
Ideally, I should try to get an "S" or "P" distributor, but I wouldn't even
know where to begin looking.

You can add to that the fact that I apparently have a late-type crankcase
(two oil pressure valves) , but I doubt if that is relevant.

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
Email: daniel@type34.info
Homepage: http://www.type34.info