[T3] VW Fever . . One, Two, Three, now Four!!!

I'd always liked VWs every since seeing the Love Bug as a small child. I
guess that's a common start. But I'd never owned one until a few months ago when
someone parked a 68 Karmann Ghia in a lot across the street from my shop and
stuck a For Sale sign on it. After about three days of seeing people stop by and
look at it, I walked over to check it out for myself. It ran, looked pretty
clean, the original interior was nearly perfect, and the price seemed right,
plus I'd had a good week at the shop, so on a whim I bought it.

So it begins . . . Just a couple of months later I'd carried the Ghia to a
local garage for new brakes (about the only thing it needed mechanically), and
while there to pick it up I spotted a 69 Squareback, great solid body, no rust,
but no engine.  Before I drove the Ghia home, I'd made a deal for the Type 3.
 VW number two.

A couple of weeks later I find another Type 3 on eBay. It's listed in a
neighboring state, the body looks shot, but it's got a good engine and tranny, and
it runs and drives. I bid on it and win the whole car for less than what I'd
have to pay for just a used motor locally. A couple of weeks later I go up and
haul it back. A donor car, but no less, it's VW number three.

Then, last Sunday I go to a local car show (big mistake) and run into my
mechanic friend who'd sold me the first Squareback. He tells me he's just gotten
in a very clean 67 Bug that's mechanically sound, and that I should come by his
shop and look at it.
Well, yesterday I did just that. It was every bit as clean and sound as he
said it was. This morning I bought it.  WV number four.

Am I crazy?   That's four, FOUR VWs in about five months time.  When VW fever
hits, it hits big. Watch out!

Matt Crunk
68 Ghia Coupe
69 Squareback
71 Squareback (donor)
67 Bug

Now if I can only find a nice clean bus. . . . .