[T3] Vintage races

<x-flowed> Great racing today, Maddy and I are exhausted. We got Phillip's racing point job finished over the last week, polished it off by taping off the headlights, way cool. Great racing, not much VW content, except one bug in the '59 down, 2 litre and under group, holding his ground at the back of the pack for 30 minutes. However, in the pits later we notice it being towed home by a 356 Porsche! I guess the VW motors are cheaper to rebuild every week? Actually there were several cherry pickup buses as tow rigs in the Porsche race corral. Also in the pits there was a Type 4 support vehicle, hotted up with racing logo's. In the open wheel group we were cheering on a Type 3 powered Super Vee (reverse mounted pancake, you can see the blocked fan shroud heater outlets sticking out). He was picking off the competition rather nicely until he ended up backwards in a cloud of dust in the chicane... Finally, we spotted a Type 3 KG "driver", with some type of California road rally graphics. We got pix of Phillip in the pits with the other race cars afterward, he he he, blended right in.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR