[T3] BAD DAY YESTERDAY WAS EFI PUMP

Yesterday, on my way back from my house in Mexico, with
receipt in hand to replace my guaranteed for life EFI pump , no problem
passing the border, past the guard , cool, on my way to San Diego,
first stoplight engine konks out. Cars honking behind me, people cursing,
people shouting " get that piece of crap out of the way ! " Etc, etc...

 I finally pushed the car to the side, began banging on the fuel pump to
start it up as customary, well, it did not work this time... !@$%#%$^ !
I disconnected a fuel line at the engine to see if anything gushed
out (hot wired to ignition),  gas squirted out then stopped then squirted
again...
I took the pump impeller apart, connected the motor to the battery ,
the motor turned intermittantly, yes , it was now fried .

Having a brother working at an auto part's store with my part is a
plus so I called him for delivery service to a broken down car, he
was not in , he got tired of waiting for me, grrrr !

2 hours later after frying the coil because of leaving the ignition on,
I call my brother, minutes later he arrived with pump and coil in
hand , 5 minutes later, car turns on and humms beautifully.

With the new pump that replaced the 2 year old one, I felt the car
different, besides the head temp senders reflect lower temps on my
gauge . Idle and higher speed acceleration was not only restored
but improved, maybe the old pump caused my piston to melt months ago.
Addicted to 85MPH even more. Cooler heads (250 - 275 deg f at the
exhaust ports of the heads ) and easier higher speeds, can't beat that,
damn that little demon on my soulder.

The EFI pump box still said Federal Mogul Carter, pump inside
was still Bosch , wholesale brother price was 135 bucks but free because
of lifetime warrantee. Bad day was over.

LEON MARTINEZ

SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI AUTO
1973 FASTBACK EFI AUTO