Re: [T3] Spin

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 12:26, Daniel Baum wrote:
> Well, I took my car for a short spin today. It felt very good, compared to
> how it has ever felt before. Some impressions:
>
> I get the impression that changing the front shocks has stopped the front
> bouncing up and down as I drive and made the drive feel much more solid. I
> can't be more precise than this and I'm not going to put the old shocks back
> in to compare the driving experience ;~)
>
> It's slow to pull away. I don't know whether this is because it's automatic,
> or whether I still have some work to do somewhere. At one point I have to
> stop at a junction and then turn into a hill. As I almost floored the
> accelerator pedal to get up the hill, it popped once. Not a loud bang, just
> a pop like it missed once or something. Other than that, it revved up and
> down flawlessly. Does this mean I still have to tweak the timing?

Look on my web site http://classicvw.org/gallery/ under russ misc. and
you will see what can happen to the intake ports on Air cooled VW's if
they haven't been driven hard for a while. You may have carbon build up
that needs to clear out.
Us old timers refer to it as blowing the cobs out.
Get the engine warmed up completely and then drive the heck out of it.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT