[T3] Need rust repair advice

Hello all,

I had been thinking of using POR-15 on my pans.  So, I took a peek under my carpet today to see what I was up against.  Yikes!!  Not good.  Last time I looked, there were some small holes but nothing like this.  I don't know which would be the best way to go about repairing this.  It seems that the back halves of the pans have already been slathered with fiberglass, but the fronts were left alone.  The passenger side is not quite as bad as what's shown in the pictures but is still rusty.  Its only the outside edges of the pan that have damage.  I haven't peeled back the tarboard further inwards, but the underside of the car doesn't reveal anything.
So far as I know, I have 4 options.  1, replacements using Ghia pan sections.  2, Fiberglass pans.  3, T3 metal sections from T3D in the UK(Read: $$$$).  4, patch using fiberglass.
I don't want to use the fiberglass pan halves, I just don't like the idea.  I don't think I can afford to farm out this work so the solution is going to have to be something I can do myself.  I've done pan half replacements before, but those were direct replacements.  How much work is involved in getting the Ghia pans to work?  Has anyone on the list done this repair?  Or would patching the holes be ok for now?
Check the link for some pics of the damage.  The 3rd pic is of my heater floor vents, the other 2 are on the drivers' side floor.

http://members.aol.com/vwman18/photos/

Thanks.

Cayson
68 Fastback