Re: [T3] more water issues

On 9 Jul 2003 at 15:07, Gary Gamboa wrote:

> >The most common cause in FI cars is a FI computer mounting plate which has
> >been improperly installed.

> It rained again today and the bottom part of my FI compert seal is shot,
> water leaking onto the rear deck. Are these available?

If all the parts of your seal are still there, just glue it back together with
superglue and glue the seal to the cover. Let it dry first, and then reinstall
it in the opening.

If this doesn't work I have good used ones.

> >Dash leaks
>
> Longer dash outlet hose is leaking very slightly becuse the metal joiner
> does not fit tightly
> into the dash tube opening, I think the dash tube is slightly worn from
> rust. Water probably
> backup and it sat in water for a long time. I can probably use a bigger hose
> up top and move the metal joiner to the bottom.

Metal joiner?

There should be a short metal tube that is part of the upper airbox and that
the hose pushes onto. There is a bit of a larger dia tube in the firewall that
the hose pushes into. Between them there should be a single piece of
uninterrupted black rubber hose.