Re: [T3] turn signal problem

On 8 Jul 2003 at 22:12, Daniel Baum wrote:

> I have seen the original flasher relay from a '69 Type 34, and it's a very
> large plastic box mounted, as you say, under the dash. According to Clive
> Richardson, it actually had a separate emergency flasher relay and indicator
> relay, though goodness knows why.

I THINK they ALL work that way. The real flasher relay runs when you activate
one of the switches, but the dash indicators are run by a separate relay that
is triggered by a current relay that monitors current thru the flasher
contacts. This way, if a bulb fails it affects the inside indicators in some
way and this is also wired (inside the relay) in such a way that it also
affects the flash rate.

I had to dissect and fix the one in  my 69. I had it all figured out at one
time, but I'm afraid that was a few years ago.

> If your relay is OK then I'd suspect the emergency flasher switch. The
> entire circuit goes through it and nothing will work without it.

That's possible, but it's a long shot. Those seldom fail, but I think I recall
someone here posting about how their's had come apart and failed recently.