[T3] Rear Torsion Bar Tube

<x-flowed>Hi all!
About the beginning of May, I went out back to start the car after the long winter, she started,
but was shooting gas all over the engine compartment (bad hose). I weighed my options, thought of the long list of things that I know the car needed. I told my wife I needed to fix a few things before I got the car off of the back patio. I weighed my options again, and decided if I was ever going to do the pan off restoration the car really needed, it was now or never. The floor has several dime sized holes in it that nearly ruined one vacation (holes + heavy rain + 3 hour drive = 2 to 4 inches of standing water on the floor).
So this spring, I've managed to:
Stay married.
Keep my day job (but, my boss has noticed the time I've been lurking here.)
Roll the pan out from under the body.
Removed the front and rear axle and assemblies.
Placed every single bolt and washer in labled zip lock baggies.
Take about 50 pictures of what I know I'll never remember.
Keep a log of what I've done.

What I have right now is a pan and the rear torsion bar assembly ready to be cleaned, cut and welded. But hereâs the question Iâve never seen this discussed or mentioned in any of the manuals I own.
Can I remove torsion bar tube assembly with the shock mount, transmission mounting fork and wishbone pan connection from the pan?
I have a 68â square with a swing axles. It looks like the torsion bar tube is held on by 2 bolts and thereâs a swivel tube connection holding the wishbone to the pan. Thereâs 4 bolts there that I can see. Anything special I would need to know here? Is it worth my time?
My motivation here is only make the pan lighter and easier to maneuver and hopefully fit in the back of a pickup to take to the welders.
The searchable archive here is still the best thing that ever happened to me. My motivation is high, my patience is good, Iâm having fun.
Thanks.

Norm Wilsman
68â Squareback
Golden Valley, MN