Re: [T3] Interior Glue

On 4 Jul 2003 at 7:16, Scott Taylor wrote:

> I've found that if either side is wet at all it all falls apart. Try
> letting it dry completely--like 15 min. to 1/2 hour--and then use a lot
> of pressure when you install. Any of the 3M automotive spray glues
> should work fine for carpet.

I find that the 3M stuff is extremely good if you use the right product. I've
used it a bit wet if I want to be able to reposition it to get things just
right, but you have to be able to hold it in place then until it drys.

As for carpet, let me warn you again that you DON'T want to glue this down too
agressively; it will just come back to haunt you the next time you need to get
under there to service something. I REALLY wish the PO who installed the
carpeting in my 69 had just glued down the corners rather than the whole thing.
If he had, my carpeting would still be fine, but now it's not, because I had to
pull up some of it to get at the master cylinder, pedal cluster, and rear brake
line. No matter how careful I was, I was not able to avoid just pulling some of
the pile right out of the back of the carpet.