Re: [T3] pulling engine/replacing clutch

> It's been "trained" out of most people by experience with bugs, where the
> tranny stays in place.  However, I can tell you that ever since the first
> time I tried pulling the engine and tranny as a single package, I've _never_
> gone back.  After you try it once, it is SOOOOO easy!!!

I did that first time too, but the whole unit is quite heavy, unwieldy, and you
have to additionally undo the drive shafts and the front mount and the
gearchange and clutch cable, which together add up to more than 4 nuts, in my
opinion.  I don't remember any special problem getting the engine mounting
nuts/bolts off.  With the complete unit on the floor, you can't get to the lower
flange nuts any more, so that becomes a fiddle.

Could be you've a properly equipped shop with all those goodies we'd like to
have?

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/