Re: [T3] Red Wire

On 3 Jul 2003 at 10:12, Gary Gamboa wrote:

> I'm a little confused. I disconnected the red wire from the black lead that
> goes to the terminal block and attached it to the AAR. But that leaves the
> black lead coming from the terminal block unattached. Where does this go?

I'm not sure. What can you tell me about the other wire feeding out of it?
Where does that lead?

Things to check: Do your backup lights still work? Does your AT kickdown switch
still work? Did they work before you made this change?

If this "terminal block" is an opaque plastic piece bolted to the left side of
the intake air distributor then this is the kickdown switch. It should have a
arm that the throttle lever pushes when you push the pedal down all the way. It
SHOULD have it's own 12V supply via a fused wire from the + side of the coil. I
MAY have one of those cables if you need it.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org