From: Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org>
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] Red Wire
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:24:12 -0500

On 1 Jul 2003 at 9:38, Gary Gamboa wrote:

> I looked around and could not find an open single connector for the red
> wire.

Find the oil pressure wire and follow it back toward the wiring harness.

It will run into a piece of black sleeving.

There will be a red wire coming out of that same sleeving. This is the red wire
that should go to the AAR. If you can't see it, you may have to push the
sleeving back to find where someone cut it off.

This red wire originally had one of the two terminal blocks attached to the end
of it, so the block you describe below may be it, and it may be connected
incorrectly, as you suggest.

> There is a red wire coming from a harness with a single connection attached to a
> black wire coming from a two terminal block jusr left of the throttle. There is
> 003 927 211 on the bottom of it. A black wire from the firewall clips onto this
> block.

If it fits the description above then this is your red wire. Otherwise I don't
recognize it unless it is the power to the kickdown switch.

> Could this be a mis-connection. Should a black wire be connected to red one?

It's possible. The view from here is not quite clear enough to be sure. ;-)