Re: [T3] AT Questions

<x-flowed windows-1255>

Daniel Baum wrote:

View of linkage showing kickdown switch, which is not yet connected to
anything. The actual switch is a bit rusty, as you can see, but I was afraid
that if I cleaned it too enthusiastically I would break it.

http://www.type34.info/temp/mini-IM000232.JPG

Man, that switch looks a lot like the WOT (Wide Open Throttle) and idle switches for the turbo engine that I'm going to install in my Audi!

Here is a picture of the throttle body for my Audi turbo engine that I'm building right now. The black switch is the idle switch, the grey one is the WOT switch.

http://perlindgren.tripod.com/wot-switch.jpg

So, on to part numbers. By checking the numbers for the switches on this Audi engine, I find that there was a change in 83/84. The 81-83 Idle switch even has a type 4 part number, which makes me believe this is the exactly same switch as your car has! If it is now made of unobtanium, you may find that the newer switch works just as well as the older one.

Idle switch part numbers:

411 927 211 (Audi -> 83)
443 906 277 B (Audi 84 ->)

The WOT switch has part numbers:

437 906 277 (-> 83)
443 906 27 D (84 ->)

These are for the Audi quattro, engine code WR. Hopefully, you can get a new switch from the VW or Audi dealer. If not, I can probably help you find a used switch, as I'm also a subscriber on the Audi mailing list located at http://www.audifans.com/quattro The main list (aka the quattro-list) currently has over 1000 subscribers, so getting a switch shouldnt be too hard.

PerL
73 Variant L