[T3] I did a funny.....

I just now pulled into the driveway after taking my Fasty for a spin. I was
earlier coating the floorpan with phosphoric acid to convert the rust, and I
was fiddling around with the windshield washer components while I waited for
the acid to dry.
I messed here, I messed there, and in my boredom, I decided to drive around
the neighborhood for fun. It was at the first stop sign that I was hit with
the "VW owner's game": 'What was that noise?'
I heard a metallic rattling underneath the front driver's side wheel. My
mind raced. "Brake shoes? No, no...", "Loose crud in the wheel well?" I
admit the torsion bar discussion on here flashed through my head, too.
I drove fast, I drove slow, I braked soft, then hard. I couldn't figure it
out!! I wheeled into my driveway to check out the underneath. *Crunch* That
worried me! I got out and looked at the front end. I wondered if the front
was a little lower than before....Nah....well.....
It was then I noticed, at the end of my driveway, the shattered remains of
the bicycle pump that I dragged with me throughout the whole trip, at speeds
up to 45 mph.

Oops!

Jamey Charlet
70 Fastback MT