Re: [T3] (not) starting on 1970 FI

<x-flowed>Jim Wrote:
If you're sure that you can actually hear the pump spinning, then you should
hear 2 clicks and notice that the pump only runs between the 2 clicks.

I'll have to listen again. I didn't know about the *2* clicks...

A tune up is a good place to start. Make sure that you HAVE spark and that it
is happening at TDC.

Zero degrees TDC. gotcha.

It might make sense to unplug the FI trigger point wire
from the side of the dist and check the resistance between the center terminal
and each side terminal in turn. Each way, you should see the resistance toggle
from zero to infinity as you crank the engine with the starter.

OK, I'll do that.

To make sure i understand... I'm testing ohms between terminal 1 & 2 and between 2 & 3 on the FI terminal on the Distributor. there is no chance of damage to the brain doing this test, right?

What are these terminals telling the brain? (I am assuming that these are not power supplies, but sensors since the wires are so thin gauge.)

Thanks Jim!

Al
(FI newbie)