Re: [T3] AT Questions

On 30 Jun 2003 at 19:27, Magnia, Martin wrote:

> This coming weekend I will be picking up a 69 AT squareback...

> I haven't looked the car over completely but it seems the FI was replaced
> with stock carbs at some time.

> If i get the car to run ..how does this carb conversion affect the tranny
> and its ability to shift?
> What type of jimmy rigging  might have been done here?

Basically there are just 3 potential issues:

Making sure the carbs are set up and working correctly. I assume you are
familiar with this.

Getting the AT vacuum modulator to work with the dual carbs. Factory dual carb
engines came with a different VM which you will probably not find in the US. I
think there are some other such conversions here, however, and I'm pretty sure
you can make this work. You'll need some kind of connection between the balance
pipe and the VM, and then you may have to adjust the VM to get the AT to shift
right. US balance pipes won't have the appropriate port for the VM connection,
but I think one could be easily added.

The kickdown switch mounting is another oddball part for the US. As Greg said,
you can ignore it, improvise, or try to get someone to send you the correct
parts from Europe.