Re: [T3] Carb Linkage

The balls themselves wear out, causing the sloppiness.
The clips only serve to keep the sockets on the ball.

As I was reading Ben's suggestion, design ideas floated
inside my head, and the though of fabricating a shell
from plastic struck an empty spot on the skull. Yikes,
a not-so-pleasant item to fabricate.

Thinking of the various odd and to-everyone-else junk
I have in my garage, I thought of something I've had
for years, that might fit this application.

I have a roll of Teflon tape, adhesive on one side
(how did they do that anyway?). Snip off a small piece,
and with the sticky side to the socked side, push the
ball end into place with the Teflon side to the ball.
One would have to experiment with how much tape to use.
Too much = won't fit and might be too much friction.
Too little = no benefits.

My Sqbk isn't running at the moment, but if anyone
would like to try this out, pmail me with your request
and I'll give you my address so you can send me a self
addressed envelope. I can mail a small piece to you.
If this works, I probably have enough to supply the
entire list.

Anyone want to try this?

Short of this remedy, grease those ball joints, as oil
falls out. Use a high temp grease. The high temps in
the engine compartment will melt out low temp stuff.

Jeff  '67 Sqbk