Re: [T3] automatic drive plate lock

On 31 Jan 2003 at 7:37, Vlach, Joe -CKHS wrote:

> That's the logical answer...but is the torque a specific setting.  That is,
> is it just you'd better get it tight?

I think 225 is the "official" number, but there's clearly some latitude around
there. Too loose is an obvious problem, but too tight can also strip out the
threads. If you ruin your crank at this point that will really "make" your day.

There ARE other good solutions to this problem. I use a long piece of angle
iron which has 2 holes drilled in it to match to 2 of the drive plate holes.
It's about 8' long and I just let the other end push against the floor. That
works fine.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org