[T3]

> Isnt the license plates registered with the VINs in that particular
> state? You have the VIN, you should be able to contact the DMV and ask
> politely to run the VIN so they could find the plate, and then find the
> owner!

>I don't think most states will trace VINs for private persons, because of
>privacy concerns.

In Ohio I can look up the vin online and get the title number, but it does
not give the persons name (if it is a private citizen). Plus, Michigan does
not have this service anymore.  Just have to wait till it pops up, chances
are good since there really aren't that many Type 3's here in the midwest.
I think I may know some people in MI that will remember this guys name and
maybe I can track it down.

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
72 Fasty FI AT