[T3] general ramblings of a type 3 guy...

<x-flowed>one of the things i have found about this list, that was reconfirmed at the 02 invasion, is that people with very diverse backgrounds can and do hang out together over a common interest. afterall, why else would i tolerate jim adney? he has lot of hair, and i don't! how dare he ;-) . i say all that to say this, i will continue to strive toward keeping my content 'on topic' so that we call can enjoy our cars more.

onto today's maintainence... i found and purchased two new type 1 brake drums, for the rear of my notch, this morning. by this afternoon, i had turned them on a lathe and they are now riding on the back of the car! whooohooo... handles pretty nice now! and brakes as well as a diskbrake/small drum brake combo can... which is actually pretty good (our old ghia was that way and weighed as much). so, i am safely on the road again! the old drums? well, one had about 70% of it's mating surface/spline area somewhat intact, but the other was only about 5% :-( .... can you say SCARY? i can!

i want to thank KEN SIMONS for being willing to help me locate type 3 parts so that the car and get back to type 3 rear brakes someday!

--
Brian Fye  http://www.geocities.com/menacefye/thegang.html

1964 Notchback Speedster 2332cc
1964 Notchback 1500cc