[T3] Parking brake madness, maybe??

So, after sitting for a day (less than 24 hours) my '73 squareback gets locked up. I
tried to break the rear wheels free with the motor a few times, first in reverse then in
1st. Each time the car tried reeeeally hard to go, and I seem to recall it tilting one
way, then the other (when I switched gears). Each time I killed the engine. :(

After trying to manually rock the car and getting nowhere I review my options. The car
absolutely has to move & my floor jack is on loan (figures).
Okay, I've my Chevy parked behind it...    I'll 'push' it free with mid 60's detroit
iron. 3 times I gently nudged up to it, then (while a friend was in the driver seat of
the VW on brake detail) started gassing the motor. 3 times I kill the Chevy. The square
would NOT BUDGE!!!   >:|

It took me accelerating about 8 inches (into a carefully placed buffer, mind you) to
strike the car free.

Then, guess what? The car is fine! No dragging brakes, no weirdness, no bad sounds...   I
can push the car from a standstill by hand, let go and it'll keep rolling fine.. It also
drives just fine too.

A friend said that I simply yanked too hard on the P brake, and it is just in need of
some lubrication. I say that I've *never* experienced such an effective parking brake.
What does that sound like to you? Parking brake? CV joints? Transmission? A reluctant and
moody car? Alien abduction memory implant? <kidding...   > This hasn't reoccurred, yet,
but I'd like to take preventative steps to keep it that way.

C.Rochambeau 327/1600
http://binauralaboratories.net
~electronic manipulation's our specialty~