Re: [T3] Muffler ID

	I read somewhere that rusting of iron is greatly retarded below
some minimum threshold of relative humidity.  I think that midwestern
rusting of cars comes from a combination of salt in the winter and high
humidity in the summer.

	Ah!  Here's an interesting graph -- the second one, rust:

	http://www.drytech.com.tw/english/ess_main.htm

This graph tells the story that oxidation rate really kicks in at 60% RH.

	Does anyone know about the adsorption[sic] of water on iron under
typical conditions?  (Is there a surface chemist in the house?)  At
typical pressure and temperatures, does a percolation cluster just begin
to form at those intermediate RH values?

-Greg