Re: [T3] Rust

Jason Smith wrote:
>I have rusty front fenders (rusted through on the tops) and since I cannot
>get new fenders right away, I was wondering what to do.  What do others do
>with rusty front fenders that are so common.  I know if I want perfection I
>go for rustfree used ones, which I did on my fasty and a month later someone
>smashed into it...another story.

 Well, the first set of fenders on my Notch I just repaired with fiberglass.
I did it with the thought that I'll keep looking for a good set of used ones,
which I found about 6 months later(I still have them on another project and
they still haven't re-rusted). On my wife's Fasty, I did the same thing, but
it was about 4 years later that I found a set. If you keep in mind that its a
temporary repair until a good set pops up then it won't bother you as much. I
realise that a good set of rust free ones is the best way to go, but
sometimes circumstances work against you, and having repaired ones is better
than nothing. This really isn't a structural area so fiberglass is a good way
to fix this. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban