[T3] JIM, my Car & I want to thank you!! (thinking of restoring? U MUST READ)

Let me start by saying, Mega Thanx JIM !!

Last year I found this list, two months before that, I
found my 'dream car', my beloved '63 notch.
I'm 33 and always admired the type 3's as a kid, of
course I had a bug, etc, etc.
My notch was in fair shape, mainly all original. Well
I had this hair-brain idea to 'Restore' my ride, of
course I had not a clue of what to do, let alone how
hard parts are to find.I also love custom Type 3, and
was even considering that route, well Jim, Everett and
others who like the stock option, threw there two
cents in.
Well I opted to stay stock, I said all that to say
this: I was going to completely dismantle my car,
engine, trans, everything that came off.
I wrote the list about this, and I recall Jim was
totally against it, (after reading his posts,advice,
for other's) I thought I'd consider not pulling apart
the car.
Jims take was this: (I'm paraphrasing)This is how a
majority of the T3's end up dead, their owners with
good intentions, tear them down, to ultimately never
put them back together, ending w/ the project
nightmare, over time the owner looses motivation,
after years maybe even parts get thrown away. Car
perhaps even getting parted out, another perfectly
good car D.O.A.

I write this today because He was right, it has been 6
months now since I started my resto, and I just
started priming the car today!! (Well from the doors
back) As it is for most of us, we have to work, we
have familys, and, or little time to complete just our
daily choirs, let alone a resto. If I would have not
yielded to others advice, I gaurantee this car would
now be up for sale, I'm burning out with this thing,
there is more than meets the eye in a resto job.
Especially your first one !!

This car WILL be back on the road this summer !!

Thanx again to everyone,
Robert ('63 Notch,still need front fenders, hood, put
back on, aligned and primed)