Re: [T3] Ran out of gas...now car idles(runs) rough

> Chances are you scrounged some contaminants somewhere in the fuel system and
> there cought in an passage in one of the carbs.  This may or may not pass
> with time.

I'm fighting carb problems in another type of car altogether, but a bit of advice I
gained yesterday might apply here..

Choking up the primary (or only ? <g>) intake of the carb with your hand & pumping the
throttle (as the engine gasps for air) may clear out the internal channels a bit &
restore smooth running, avoiding the need for tear down & rebuild. This is in reference
to 4BBL US watercooled beasts, so it may not apply here; but it seems easy enough, so
long as your ignition system is working fine & there is no chance of backfire through the
carbs..

I'd use caution, regardless!

Aside for that, my vdub's got a djet, so I'm far from an aircooled carb expert...  yet.

Good luck with it! Hope it all sorts out well.

C.Rochambeau 327/1600
http://binauralaboratories.net
~electronic manipulation's our specialty~