Re: [T3] Type 3:s in the snow

<x-flowed>
We have the same situation here in Sweden, but we are REQUIRED by law >that all cars and light trucks/busses must be driven on winter tyres, >with or without studs, between October 1 and April 31, if there is >winter road conditions (which it often is in the north, but seldom >downsouth)! Good for the traffic safety - saves a lot of lifes, but >the roads suffers badly from the stud wear.

CORRECTION:
I got the dates above totally wrong before - We have to use winter tyres between December 1 and March 31, and the threadwear left must be at least 3 mm.

(IMHO, a set of fairly new quality summer tyres with a rubber compound designed for colder climates and ad "open" thread pattern, often works pretty well on ordinary snowy roads - if the road is frost glossy or covered with hard ice of course studded tyres are preferred. Occasionally there is ultra-low-priced El-cheapo asian winter tyres for sale even here in scandinavia, but they are often made of some totally wrong rubber compound for our climate and are rightout dangerous! Slippery as soap!)

/Karl-Olov Sandin
-73 Squareback FI
?rnsk?ldsvik, Sweden