Re: [T3] '71 engine into '69

On 22 Jan 2003 at 10:52, Heather Ann Nelson wrote:

> Well, I might have a new project here and I have a few questions...it's
> a '66 fasty on a '69 pan, the motor is bad. I was wondering if my '71
> engine will fit without any modifications? I also want to keep my FI.
> I know '69 is the first year for IRS so there's no problem there.

 We need more info. What year is the rear subframe? You have a 66 body but did
you mount the 69 rear engine mounts so that you could install an IRS
transmission?

> Also I know that I will have to change my AT torque convertor etc to
> mate to an manual tranny(if the tranny is useable).

Your 69 pan is AT or MT?

> But besides that will I have any problems installing my engine/and fuel
> injection?

You won't have the holes to install the FI computer, but you may be able to
fabricate them. There is a lot of stuff to transfer over and you would really
need to know what you're doing. The gas tank is all wrong.

I agree with Martin. Sticking with the carbs is probably the better choice.