Re: [T3] Intermitant wipers

I have done this to my '74 thing using Rabbit parts/switches and the regular
intermittent relay.

http://www.thingtech.com/rabsteermech.html

I also modified the wiper motor and electrics on my '65 single cab to get a
true 12V motor and intermittent wipe.

I thought that only European and maybe foreign market '72 and '73 Type 3s
got the extra wiring for the intermittent wiper relay and city lights.  I
had a European delivery '72 that had extra wires which I determined were for
the intermittent system but never got a solid answer until years later after
it had sold.  Do any European listies know the relay part number that VW
used in '72 and '72 for the Type 3 intermittent relay option?  I suppose it
could have been the same as for the early Rabbit in '74 (pretty hard to find
the early Rabbits these days but if you do get the wiper switch as it should
get you the intermittent position and wiring with out changing the look of
the switch).

For those with the dash mounted wiper switch I have the ultimate NOS
accessory - a special wiper switch that has variable intermittent adjustment
plus regular speed positions (no wipe when spraying as far as I know but
then I have never installed it).  It mounts as stock and uses the stock
wiring:)

BTW, Per why didn't you go with an electric sprayer instead of the air
powered VW unit?

Thomas