[T3] Adventures in parts pulling.....(east coast guys might not want t o read)

What a long busy weekend....

This weekend in my driveway an incredible thing happened...In a mer 48 hours
a complete car was completely picked clean of all useable parts and reduced
down to a pile of bent,cut and mangled metal.

Here is the break down:

Friday night drive out 1.5 hours out of town to retrieve car (1970
squareback) 100% rust free...
Now this car was a example of a perfect car gone bad, the car had been kept
at  pristine level since new...garaged, maintained and generally loved.
Well it hit a power pole pretty bad....It hit so hard the front beam was
twisted in the horns and the horns had buckled back, allowing the passenger
side wheel to jam itself up in the fender well.

Picking this up was quite an experience...thanks to Brook , Ken, and Nathan
for helping get this beast home.- midnight-

Saturday 1pm , finally get into the garage...
The dismantlers : Brian Fye , Ken, Brook , Toby, and myself....
Motor out..
Interior out...seat...gauges...column...Doors off.....Wiring harness
out....Wiper motor out...day done..6pm...

Sunday morning...
10:30am..
The dismantlers: Peter and Madison, Ken, Toby, Adam, Jacob,Brook, Phillip B
and myself.

More parts scavenging... tranny out  (Jacob should be putting this into his
car as you read this)..bring out the SAWZZALL.....Cut off the nose...Cut out
PERFECT heater channels....hack out the dash..cut ....hack ..the sound of
metal being ripped about....Sweet Pan sections....

The car is now cut in half.....The back half (which is complete and
un-molested) was rolled onto a tow dolly and taken to a secret location for
purposes that I cannot divulge at this time.

All in all, everyone had a great time , everyone walked away with good parts
and after the scrap metal guy stops by my house this morning there will no
evidence of the dismemberment that occurred ( except the  dark spot from the
mystery fluids from it)...

Take to everyone who helped out, also my wife is a bit more happy that we
got this done in the allotted 2 days.

Pictures will be up soon..

Martin Magnia

DDB Portland