Re: [T3] Help! '68 Sqback Timing Problem (update)

On 19 Jan 2003 at 8:33, garram1@swbell.net wrote:

> Sadly, there may not be anything wrong with the way my '68 is
> timed.  I checked the compression yesterday and found that #2
> would only pump up to 25 lbs.  I squirted a little oil in there and
> tried again - no change.  I guess I'll be looking for a new set of
> heads.  Where's the best place (in the U.S.) to get dual port heads
> for a squareback?

Well, it MAY require a new head, but if the ones you have are a
matched OE type 3 set, then you may be much better off with repairing
what you already have. There are LOTs of possibilities here that are
cheap and easy to repair without going all the way to a new head.

Burnt valve, broken spring, sticky/worn guide....

--
Jim Adney, Associate Researcher
Plasma Physics Group, Department of Physics