Re: [T3] sustained idle problem

> when i press and release the throttle quickly the idle takes 6-10
> seconds to drop back to normal. any help in appreciated.

>What distributor do you have? Mechanical advance? Maybe distributor
sticking.
>Also check for binding throttle linkage.

>--
>Russ Wolfe

I'm *really* new to VW mechanics, so with that in mind,
I checked the linkage and there is an assisting spring from the
fan pulley cover to the linkage and it does snap back without
hesitation, I'm guessing that it's a mechanical advance since I
could not locate any attached vacuum hoses at the dis. I'll open
the dis. and make sure everything below the points are moving freely.

chuck