Re: [T3] Help! '68 Sqback Timing Problem (long)

On 18 Jan 2003 at 19:49, Thorkhild wrote:

> That's not always the case. My ICTS have vacuum ports and I get the
> right vacuum signal. I checked before I installed the stock FI dizzy on
> my engine.

What do you see from your ICT vacuum ports? If you can measure ANY vacuum at
ANY RPM while the car is standing still in your driveway, it's not a good
signal for the FI vacuum can. If it passes this test, then you have to measure
the vacuum you get at cruising and compare that with the curve in the Bentley
manual to see if they still look compatable.

Still, I'm surprised to hear that there are Webers that have vacuum ports. I'm
not a carb expert, but I had heard that they didn't. I'd be pleased to be
corrected, because this would give the people who want to use Webers a good
choice of dists for their engines.