Re: [T3] Fuel pump not going.

On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 06:30, Dave Hall wrote:
> > I almost never replace that filter unless there is a symptom of a problem
> > related to it, and there NEVER is UNLESS the overflow hose has been left
> broken
> > for an extended period.
> >

> How true - on my carbed cars I have relied on the in-pump filter and the tank
> gauze for years and never had a fuel flow problem.  I changed the FI filter when
> I originally restored the Fastback and not since.  Gas station pumps have
> filters, so there's no reason for nasty stuff to be a problem unless your tank
> is rusting (or as Jim said, the overflow hose is damaged).  Those in use usually
> don't have trouble with rusting.

Don't tell people all the tricks. Remember, I work for a filter
manufacturer, and business has really slowed since They started putting
the filters in the pump assembly, in the gas tank.
Now days, the car manufacturers want our filters to go for 100K miles,
due to the problems with changing them.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)