Re: [T3] '66 fuel pump questions

On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 01:29, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 17 Jan 2003 at 21:17, Russ wolfe wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have the "K" manual for the carbed engines and can look this
> > up to clarify it??
>
> I have the 65 type I factory manual. Section K says that the push rod stroke is
> from 8 to 13mm and the diaphram is to be tightened at 14mm. I suspect that our
> engines are exactly the same.

Ok, so the 14mm comes from the fact that they want the diaphram set 1 mm
beyond the full stroke of the pushrod.
And yes, the dist. drive gears are the same between T-1 and T-3. Also
the pushrods are the same length up until the T-1 went to an alternator,
and they had to tilt the fuel pump to clear.
--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)