Re: [T3] Fuel pump not going.

> I almost never replace that filter unless there is a symptom of a problem
> related to it, and there NEVER is UNLESS the overflow hose has been left
broken
> for an extended period.

How true - on my carbed cars I have relied on the in-pump filter and the tank
gauze for years and never had a fuel flow problem.  I changed the FI filter when
I originally restored the Fastback and not since.  Gas station pumps have
filters, so there's no reason for nasty stuff to be a problem unless your tank
is rusting (or as Jim said, the overflow hose is damaged).  Those in use usually
don't have trouble with rusting.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/