Re: [T3] '66 fuel pump questions

<x-flowed>> The old original one
(diaphram spring) from the original German pump is a "brass" color and
the wire diameter is at least 1.6mm more like 1.7mm.  The replacement
spring wire diameter is about 1.5mm but more like 1.45mm.  The
replacement parts are good "German" NOS parts, but I'm not sure they are
T3 only.

If that is the same kit I sent you then yes it is the small gage wire spring. I don't think the old spring will came off your used one. I would rebuild it as is, and try Steven's WOT on a long steep grade to test for fuel starvation. If you get those symptoms than open it up and put Ben's 1.5 mm shim under the spring to raise pressure 2 PSI.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR