Re: [T3] '66 fuel pump questions

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 11:02, Westfalia wrote:

> On a different note, I obviously do not have VW tool 328d that pre loads
> the "rocker arm the proper 14 mm (from flange face) bringing the
> diaphragm to the required assembling position".  How can I accomplish this?

find something 14mm thick to put under the pump, (where the pushrod
goes) and push down while tightening the screws around the outer part of
the diaphram.
I think 14mm is the maximum lift of the pump push rod while running.
Another way, is to get the pushrod in the engine at max lift, bolt on
the pump, then tighten the outer diaphram screws.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)