Re: [T3] '66 fuel pump questions

on 18/1/2003 6:02 AM, Westfalia at swharris@adelphia.net wrote:

> On a different note, I obviously do not have VW tool 328d that pre loads
> the "rocker arm the proper 14 mm (from flange face) bringing the
> diaphragm to the required assembling position".  How can I accomplish this?

Push it in with your finger, and make sure it is hooked behind the 'lump' on
the end of the diaphragm shaft. Also, you have to hold it in while you put
the shaft back in, which is really difficult if it has grease all over it.
When I was adjusting my pump last week, I made the mistake of greasing it
first, so it kept slipping out of place.

Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo
'71 1600TL