Re: [T3] Production lines, was: T3PBO ... take 2

> OK... in the other direction now... has ANYONE had or seen an original
> Silver Metallic T3  L96D??
>
> Keith

Yes.  There was one at the British VW Festival in lovely Malvern,
Worcestershire, in around 1985 I reckon.  This one was a bit odd though.
Someone (first owner presumably) had fabricated drain holes in the outer
rocker - they were shaped pointing back to reduce the amount of road water
getting in there, and totally pointless as there are drain slots down on the
bottom flange anyway.
The other thing was someone had fitted it with a black vinyl roof.  ugh!
Otherwise it was immaculate and beautiful.
It is the only one I can recall seeing in almost 40 years of being into Type 3s,
so they are not common in the UK!  I've a photo or two - somewhere.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------