Re: [T3] Production lines, was: T3PBO ... take 2

On 15 Jan 2003 at 12:27, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

>  And from what I have seen from the photos from the Type3 Invasion I would
> say that for 1969 that Diamond Blue was a very popular color. I know that I
> have one in this color, and I think Jim A. and Greg M. also have this same
> color on their 69s. I wonder how many others have this same color, I bet it
> would be more like 15 to 20% for that year. And from some of the cars and
> parts that I repainted over the years it seems like they were also this
> color, is this a coincidence? Or was this a good primer / base color?

I'd say that the light blue was not so popular in the earlier years, but by 69
it really hit its stride. By the end of the run in 73 it was probably THE
stereotypical type 3 color.

I think Al mentioned beige as being popular in Texas, which makes sense. This
is another color that seemed to get more popular in the later years.