Re: [T3] snow chains?

GregM=> suggestions re: types of chains (are there
=> different types?), fitting them, and driving on them?

There are many different types, but the most widely available ones are fine.
On the rare occasions I need them I use a set of cheapo cables from Auto
Zone or someplace. The cables have steel cylinders on them, so they're for
actual snow, not ice. They have a sort of paddle effect, like you get with
sand tires. Don't do chains in the front, no point.

Be assured that your Square is one of the best cars in the world for driving
in snow, even with just street tires. Just put a little weight in the front
and you're good to go. The automatic is probably a little safer, but
assuming reasonable skill with the stick the manual is fine. The key is
smooth transitions between gears. If you pop the clutch the rear can break
loose.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KG1600