[T3] snow chains?

	We're planning a little trip up into the sierra nevadas, and snow
chains are often required when the weather turns a bit foul.  I drove a
bunch in the snow in Michigan in a Squareback where it's relatively flat,
but I've never used snow chains (in the mountains or anywhere else).

	Do people have suggestions re: types of chains (are there
different types?), fitting them, and driving on them?  Do I need them both
front and rear?  Any reason I might prefer taking a stickshift car instead
of the AT Squareback?

	Oh -- and do they salt the roads in California...?!?

-Greg