Re: [T3] Shipping Windshield glass...

> While the tempered glass will certainly disappear into little chips if it
> breaks, I think the threshold for breaking is higher. It's amazing how much
> abuse they can take when removing and installing them.

I've handled quite a few, but when removing the metal lifter from one a while
ago it literally exploded and the bits went everywhere - I guess it just nicked
the edge of the toughened glass.  We're used to that happening to screens years
ago before they had to be laminated - though I've never .... I'll stop there,
don't want to tempt fate, even if I've about 7 spare toughened (tempered)screens
in store!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/