Re: [T3] Shipping Windshield glass...

On 13 Jan 2003 at 22:58, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

> I have also had stationary or side window glass shipped to me before.
> It really depends on how its packed, as to how it would travel.The
> side window or stationary glass is tempered and would be a little pile
> of chips if it broke.

Being flat, the side glass is MUCH easier to pack. I've shipped some of it,
too. It takes an effort to make sure that it will arrive safely, but its still
much easier than a much larger curved windshield.

While the tempered glass will certainly disappear into little chips if it
breaks, I think the threshold for breaking is higher. It's amazing how much
abuse they can take when removing and installing them.