Re: [T3] Front suspension play

On 13 Jan 2003 at 18:02, Earthman? wrote:

> The beam is a '70, installed in a '73. The '73 beam exhibits the same slop on both sides,
> and is therefore in the 'project' parts pile. I checked the '70 beam out before
> installing it, and it was fine, so I'm guessing it's a wear issue of some sort.

Even if it was a 70 that it came off of, it MIGHT have started it's life
earlier. Once you determine where the play is originating you will have a much
better idea of the cause. If the wheel wobbles, but the knuckle doesn't, then
suspect the wheel bearings. When you take them apart, check the fit of the
inside inner race on the spindle.